Snips
Baka gaijin desu!

(4972 days)
Threads: 315
Style:
Mood: Butter Chicken
Time spent on board:
1 month 3 week 6 day

Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Snips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to allSnips is truly an inspiration to all
Send a message via AIM to Snips Send a message via MSN to Snips
Saph's newest FF7 run

Just thought I'd make a log of the game as I play it. Currently on the train after the opening mission. It's no secret I hate this game but it felt like a good time to give it another try.

WARNING: CONTAINS COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF PROFANITY!

Opening. What opening? Not even an FF7 logo. Just a New Game and Continue option. At least other FFs had a title screen.

So New Game. You know the story. I'm just bringing attention to things throughout the game.

First battle and immediate staus menu check:

- Cloud takes 4 damage from maghine gun fire. 10 damage from physical hits. Spock does not approve of the lack of logic.
- Cloud has 2 spells. Ice and Bolt. Fire was his starting spell in Dissidia. Is it a crime to want consistency?
- Cloud's magic stat is as high as his strength stat. With a two handed sword. Next party member's magic is half his strength?
- The lack of healing magic irks me. I hate being depenedant on items.
- Starting you off with a Phoenix down as if those 4 damage hits could kill you is an insult.

Miscellaneous Note:

- I never paid close attention to Cloud's attitude at the start. He's already all "Meh, don't care." The same attitude that people claim makes him emo in AC that they claim wasn't present in VII. I tried to analyze it as "Sephiroth was Cloud's goal, but once he was gone, what was left to cling to?" as a realistic turn to take, but he's already this way. Next person who says Cloud isn't emo will get brutally tortured. Death is too merciful. Because the shortsightedness of the fans is astounding.

Barrett Joins:

- Gun is strength based!? BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!
- Has no starting spells, his MP pool is laughing at me in the face that I don't have Osmose.
- At least this game still has rows. Back row works for guns. God damnit, a reason to not hate guns? Shit....
- He censor bypasses. More on this later.

First boss:

- You get a restore materia right before it.
- THE GAME DOESN'T LET YOU FUCKING EQUIP THE DAMN HEALING SPELL IT GIVES YOU FOR THIS BOSS! This would have been the perfect time for a materia tutorial. (Barett: Hey Cloud! Better equip that, might come in handy!") But no. Spock does not approve of this lack of logic.
- 3 fights before the boss, Barrett reaches Limit Break Status. Replaces his fight command. I want to save it for the boss. Forced to skip turns with triangle since he has no other method of attack. God damnit what a horrid oversight.
- "Attack while it's tail's up! It'll counterattack with its laser!" Yes, he fucking WANTS you to die. DO IT, FAGGOT! In all seriousness, that target lock skill takes way too long for so little effect.
- 10 minutes to evacuate is way too lenient. That's 10 minutes Shinra's forces could have spent disarming it. Also, why is the elevator ride suddenly instant? It took like 30 seconds before.

Current Rating: Why the fuck did I actually spend money on this out of 10.