Evermore Forums

Evermore Forums (http://www.evermoreforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music and Entertainment (http://www.evermoreforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Your Five Favorite Songs. (http://www.evermoreforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25321)

Don Chipotle 09-23-2008 08:29 PM

Your Five Favorite Songs.

This might be hard for some, but I have faith in you guys and gals.

Number Five -TIE-: Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins

and

1979 by Smashing Pumpkins

The Smashing Pumpkins are one of my top five favorite bands and these are probably my two favorite songs by them. I like 1979 a bit more, but it wasn't enough to beat out Tonight, Tonight, which is a great song as well.

Song the Fourth:The Universal by Blur

Also one of my favorite music videos (that'd be the Clockwork Orange fanboy in me). The Universal is just an amazing song all around. One of Blur's best, and, for my money, one of the best of the 90s. Oh, Blur, however did Oasis get more popular than you?

The Third:Stan by Eminem

I know all the rap fans of EF are probably going "Out of all the rap songs, you chose THIS ONE?" Yes. I only recently got into rap. And by recently I mean "I only started listening to rap on a normal basis about six months ago". But Stan, that was one of the few rap songs I really, really, enjoyed before I started listening to the genre fully. Dido also helps.

Seconded: Fake Palindromes by Andrew Bird

I dunno what the song means, but I love the way he sings it.

My Favorite Song EVER: Drought by Vienna Teng

You have NO IDEA how hard this was. Vienna Teng is my FAVORITE musician. This top five could've easily been all Vienna Teng songs. All her songs are exceptional. I absolutely love her music. I love them so much, my online handles are named for them (HopeOnFire, as you may know me as on XBL, is a Vienna Teng song. Yup. Secret is out.). Drought is an amazing song, but then again, Vienna Teng is, herself, amazing.

There you have it.

The Deity 09-23-2008 09:22 PM

My favorite songs change, well, constantly but here they are as they stand now:

5. Perfect Insanity~Disturbed
4. 18 Days~Saving Abel
3. Love Song~Tantric
2. Dance with the Devil~Breaking Benjamin
1. I Don't Care~Apocalyptica

Kurbee 09-23-2008 09:31 PM

My Top Five Songs [Currently] (No Order) {Another Random Insert Here}

*One Good Time - Tech N9ne
*Trying To Find A Balance - Atmosphere
*Death Of Chris Palko - Cage [ft. Camu Tao (r.i.p.)]
*Artsy - The Grouch
*None Shall Pass - Aesop Rock

edit:
Just about all Atmosphere/Aesop Rock/Tech N9ne is pretty good.

Spud Webb 09-23-2008 09:32 PM

"International Players Anthem" - UGK feat. OutKast
"N.Y. State of Mind" - Nas
"T.R.O.Y." - Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth
"Shame on a Nigga" - Wu-Tang Clan
"Put You On Game" - Lupe Fiasco

Irving1992 09-23-2008 11:21 PM

5) Hate It Or Love It (G-Unit Remix) ~ The Game & 50 Cent
4) From The Inside ~ Linkin Park
3) Shadow On The Sun ~ Audioslave
2) Lying From You ~ Linkin Park
1) Somewhere Beyond The Sea ~ Frank Sinatra

Zelphiel 09-24-2008 01:16 AM

1. Hammer Smashed Face (Cannibal Corpse)
-it's simple, it's overplayed, it's overrated as hell... but it's the song that got me into death metal back in the day. I dunno if I would be the same person I am now if I never seen and heard this song Ace Ventura for the first time. I had always listened to heavy music but that one started the snowball effect with me and the more extreme genres of metal.
2. The Loss and Curse of Reverence (Emperor)
-my favorite black metal song ever made. not my first experience with the genre like the above was... it's just an awesome song.
3. Final Fantasy IV Prologue
-the music that starts the story of Final Fantasy IV. This is the sole game that made me an rpg fanatic. This song brings back a flood of memories. Plus it's not too bad to listen to.
4. Mouth For War (Pantera)
-This is my favorite song, by my favorite band, on the most perfect metal album ever recorded.
5. Born (Nevermore)
-this song is just plain awesome. period.

Venom 09-24-2008 07:38 AM

Current, in no order, etc. My favorites don't change all the time but they definately don't stay the same.

Megadeth - Hangar 18
Testament - The Evil Has Landed
Overkill - Elimination
Hatchet - Frailty of the Flesh
Iced Earth - Pure Evil

Something like that anyway.

Goldiroxxor 09-24-2008 07:48 AM

1. Resurrection / Securitron (Police State 2000) ~ Fear Factory:
Are both tied for first. I cannot choose between the two. They just speak of their awesome legacy from their best album, they're songs that pioneered into the genre they helped create.

2. Icarus's Dream Suite Opus 4 ~ Yngwie Malmsteen:
Is just an awesome song. Even though classical bastards are like. Oh he copied off of them. Who cares? He took it his own way and made it sound better. It seriously takes you away from it all while listening to it. You just want to listen to it on repeat over and over.

3. One ~ Metallica:
The guitar solos, the music, the whole theme, it just is one of Metallcia's greatest songs, and my favourite by them.

4. Don't Think What Jack ~ Man or Astro-Man?:
Ahahahaha. This song is just nuts. I could have said a fukton of other MoAM songs. But this one stood out the most, despite its fairly easy guitar playing. It just reminds me so much of a B movie and their awesomeness. Itslike something you'd find straight out of it and hear the dialog and hear being played in the background.

5. Visions ~ Stratovarius / The Hunter ~ Persuader:
Both songs are tied despite being two different bands. Both songs are awesome. Visions is amazing and tells a fantastic story, the hunter is amazing music, it just gives you goosebumps listening to it. Both songs hold high respect on my end and tie it up and not able to choose one over the other.

Setzophone 09-24-2008 04:37 PM

In no real particular order.

Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny by Dimmu Borgir It was the first black metal song I'd ever listened to. It completely blew my mind, and instantly opened my eyes to a new genre. Definitely changed my life. *currently wearing a Dimmu shirt*

Colossus by Borknagar This is the song that really showed me how dynamic the black metal genre can really be. It's still just as brutal as other black metal stuff... but it's got that beauty about it, that extra layer of feeling. The lyrics are great, and so is the actual music being played.

Learning to Live by Dream Theater Yeah, Dream Theater is my favorite band... and this is my favorite song by them. It's got it all, amazing vocals, amazing instrumental sections... I mean, hell damn buddy.

Porphyria Cutanea Tarda by AFI Ah, the times when they were punk. What good times they were.

Moon Over Marin by Dead Kennedys (second song in the video) I don't know why I love this song... to be quite honest. I just immediately knew it was special the first time I heard it. Quite possibly my favorite DK song ever. It makes me quite sad that this great band had to end.

Zelphiel 09-24-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodcock Sherlock (Post 367490)

Colossus by Borknagar This is the song that really showed me how dynamic the black metal genre can really be. It's still just as brutal as other black metal stuff... but it's got that beauty about it, that extra layer of feeling. The lyrics are great, and so is the actual music being played.

Borknagar has always been awesome like that. Do you ever listen to their old material like The Olden Domain and the Archaic Course. Ocean's Rise on The Archaic Course is one of my fav songs by them.